We value our relationship with prescribers. Frequently, our clinical team will come across interesting articles about new treatment options, wellness guidelines, and prevention strategies. It is our pleasure to share these resources with you.
- Cowan, L., et al. (1981) “Breast cancer incidence in women with a history of progesterone deficiency.” Amer Jour Epidemiol 1981; 114(2):209-17.
- Fournier, A., et al. (2008) “Unequal risks for breast cancer associated with different hormone replacement therapies: results from the E3N cohort study.” Breast Cancer Res Treat 2008; 107(1):103-11.
- Fournier, A., et al. (2005) “Breast cancer risk in relation to different types of hormone replacement therapy in the E3N-EPIC cohort.” Int Jour Cancer 2005; 114(3):448-54.
- Micheli, A., et al. (2004) “Endogenous sex hormones and subsequent breast cancer in premenopausal women.” Int Jour Cancer 2004; 112(2):312-18.
- Salpeter, S., et al. (2009) “Bayesian meta-analysis of hormone therapy and mortality in younger postmenopausal women.” Amer Jour Med 2009; 22(11):1016-22.
- Sarrel, P., et al. (2013) “The mortality toll of estrogen avoidance: An analysis of excess deaths among hysterectomized women aged 50 to 59 years.” Amer Jour Public Health 2013; July 18.
- Stücker, M., Pieck, C., Stoerb, C., Niedner, R., Hartung, J., & Altmeyer, P. (2004). “Topical vitamin B12–a new therapeutic approach in atopic dermatitis evaluation of efficacy and tolerability in a randomized placebo-controlled multicentre clinical trial.” British Journal of Dermatology; 150(5), 977-983.
- Sharquie, K., Al-Hamamy, H., Noaimi, A., & Tahir, A. (2012). “Treatment of acne vulgaris with 5-alpha avocuta cream 2% in comparison with tretinion cream 0.025% (single blind comparative study).” Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications; 2(3), 179-183.
- Taieb, A., Khemis, A., Ruzicka, T., Barańska-Rybak, W., Berth-Jones, J., Schauber, J., . . . Ivermectin Phase III Study Group. (2015). “Maintenance of remission following successful treatment of papulopustular rosacea with ivermectin 1% cream vs. metronidazole 0.75% cream: 36-week extension of the ATTRACT randomized study.” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology.
- Taneda, K., Tominaga, M., Negi, O., Tengara, S., Kamo, A., Ogawa, H., & Takamori, K. (2011). Evaluation of epidermal nerve density and opioid receptor levels in psoriatic itch. British Journal of Dermatology; 165(2), 277-284.
Ear, Nose, Throat
- Phan, H., Banov, D., Delancy, M. and Brockbank, K. (2015) “Characterization of the Properties of Powder Excipients Commonly Used in Pharmaceutical Compounding.” Particulate Science and Technology.
- Smith, J. P., Bingaman, S. I., Rugiero, F., Mauger, D. T., Mukherjee, A., McGovern, C. O., & Zagon, I. S. (2011). “Therapy with the opioid antagonist naltrexone promotes mucosal healing in active Crohn’s disease: A randomized placebo-controlled trial.” Digestive Diseases and Sciences; 56(7), 2088-2097.
- Bihari, B. (1995). “Efficacy of low dose naltrexone as an immune stabilizing agent for the treatment of HIV/AIDS.” AIDS Patient Care; 9(1), 3.
- Cinar, V., Polat, Y., Baltaci, A.K., & Moqulkoc, R. (2011). “Effects of magnesium supplementation on testosterone levels of athletes and sedentary subjects at rest and after exhaustion.” Biological Trace Elements Research.
- Emmelot-Vonk MH, Verhaar HJJ, Nakhai Pour HR, et al. (2008) “Effect of testosterone supplementation on functional mobility, cognition, and other parameters in older men: a randomized controlled trial.” JAMA 2008; 299: 39-52.
- Gruenewald DA, Matsumoto AM. (2003) “Testosterone supplementation therapy for older men: potential benefits and risks.” J Am Geriatr Soc 2003; 51: 101-15.
- Kaminetsky, J., Jaffe, J.S., & Swerdloff, R.S. (2015). “Pharmacokinetic profile of subcutaneous testosterone enanthate delivered via a novel, prefilled single-use auto-injector: a phase II study.” Journal of Sexual Medicine; 3(4), 269-279.
- Lakshman KM, Basaria S. (2009) “Safety and efficacy of testosterone gel in the treatment of male hypogonadixm.” Clin Interv Aging 2009; 4: 397-412.
- Lee, D.M., Tajar, A., Pye, S.R., Boonen, S., Vanderschueren, D., Bouillon, R., . . . Wu, F.C. (2012). “Association of hypogonadism with vitamin D status: the European Male Ageing Study.” European Journal of Endocrinology; 166(1), 77-85.
- Prasad, A.S., Mantzoros, C.S., Beck, F.W., Hess, J.W., & Brewer, G.J. (1996). “Zinc status and serum testosterone levels of healthy adults.” Nutrition; 12(5), 344-348.
- Song, G., Banov, D., Bassani, A.S. and Valdez, B.C. (2016) “Evaluation of the Safety, Cell Migration and Mucoadhesive Properties of a Mucoadhesive Polymer Blend in Human Oral Mucosa.” AAPS PharmSciTech.
- Bassani, A.S. and Banov, D. (2015) “Evaluation of the Percutaneous Absorption of Ketamine HCl, Gabapentin, Clonidine HCl, and Baclofen, in Compounded Transdermal Pain Formulations, Using the Franz Finite Dose Model.” Pain Medicine.
- Bassani, A.S., Banov, D. and Phan, H. (2016) “Characterization of the Percutaneous Absorption of Ketoprofen Using the Franz Skin Finite Dose Model.” Postgraduate Medicine; 128 (2), p. 262-267.
- Branvold A, Carvalho M (2014) “Pain Management Therapy: The Benefits of Compounded Transdermal Pain Medication.” J Gen Practice 2: 188.
- Bassani AS, Banov D, Simmons C and Phan H. “In vitro characterization of the percutaneous absorption of tramadol into inner ear domestic feline skin using the Franz skin finite dose model.” Vet Med Anim Sci. 2015; 3:3.
- White, S. D. (1990). “Naltrexone for treatment of acral lick dermatitis in dogs.” Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association; 196(7), 1073-1138.
- Immonen, J. A., Zagon, I. S., & McLaughlin, P. J. (2014). Selective blockade of the OGF-OGFr pathway by naltrexone accelerates fibroblast proliferation and wound healing. Experimental Biology and Medicine; 239(10), 1300-1309.